Health, Safety and Environment
Our goal is to create a working environment such that we cause no harm to people, and where we minimise our impact on the environment. To achieve this we will:
- Always comply with the law, or Repsol Sinopec Resources UK Limited standards, whichever is higher;
- Operate our business to ensure proactive risk mitigation and continuous improvement;
- Set goals and targets, and measure performance against them;
- Hold ourselves and our contractors accountable to meet Repsol Sinopec Resources UK Limited standards, and
- Communicate openly with those who may be affected by our activities.
Safe operations in all company activities is a core value. If operational results and safety ever come into conflict, we all have a responsibility to choose safety over operational results and Repsol Sinopec Resources UK Limited will support that choice.
We are committed to environmental performance that meets or exceeds regulations in the areas where we operate. To do this, we seek to understand and then minimise our impact on air, land and water before and after commencing operations.
Golden Rules: Protecting People, Improving Performance
What are the Golden Rules?
Our Golden Rules exist to protect our people from hazards that can lead to major accidents and injury in the workplace. They protect us from any unplanned environmental releases and damage to our assets.