Proposed development of the Tain field
Posted 12, Mar 20
We have today posted on our website an Environmental Statement for public consultation on the proposed development of the Tain field, Licence P.983.
- Tain, discovered in 2005, lies in block 13/23b in the Outer Moray Firth. The field was fully appraised via two sidetracks from the original discovery well in 2005 and a further appraisal well drilled in 2008.
- The field is approximately 19 Km N of the Bleo Holm FPSO which currently serves the Blake and Ross fields.
- Tain is jointly owned by Repsol Sinopec Resources UK Limited (50% equity) and RockRose UKCS4 Limited (50% equity) and operated by Repsol Sinopec Resources UK
- Current development plan remains subject to partner, shareholder and regulatory approval
- The recommended development concept includes two deviated production wells, with production routed to the Bleo Holm FPSO via a new 19 km pipeline with associated gas lift line and control/chemical injection umbilical
- Expected production is in the region of 10 million barrels with an expected peak at first oil in the region of 8,000 barrels per day.